im wanting to save my money to by a cat tree but heres my question wich is cheaper cat trees or cat

joshua koppjoshua kopp fennvilleMember Posts: 20
ive saw cat trees for over 700 dollars and ittibitty condos for over 100 dollars. so i'd rather have the better one with a hamic, a bed, stairs, a room, and is atleast 60 inchs tall. if there is a very cheap website please please tell me. thank you :)

Best Answers

• Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    Accepted Answer
    You're right to seek a good sturdy cat tree- cats tend to get a lot more use out out of them than a tiny "kitty condo" that is just two cat beds stacked together and they are much better than scratching posts because they don't topple over. If you're looking for deals try searching for cat trees on eBay. Luxury trees will still command luxury prices but we got a nice Armarkat 70" tall tree for about $100 and it's sturdy enough for even our 20lb cats. Be sure to price check specific models elsewhere online (google the company and model #) before bidding- they offer them cheap hoping some people will overpay in a bidding war. And always check and double check measurements. Make sure it fits where you want to put it, that it's not too tall and skinny (might tip over) and make sure it's scaled to fit an adult cat. Some cat trees, particularly non-branded models made overseas, look really intricate with a dozen little perches and hammocks but are sized to fit 4 month old kittens!
  • Paulina AldrichPaulina Aldrich Member Posts: 12
    Accepted Answer
    Hello, I would agree with the previous poster to get a cat tree. (: If you really want it cheap and have the time as well, I would suggest making one yourself! Just look it up online and take a trip down to a hardware store. Hope this helps!