Just turned 9 month siberian kitten with loud breathing, occassional sneezing and snoring during sle

Member Posts: 1
Just turned 9 month siberian kitten with loud breathing, occassional sneezing for 2 weeks and snoring during sleep. Just now woke up to a sneeze. Very worried. Just started the lysine powder on dry food. Should I take to vet?

Best Answer

• Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    Accepted Answer
    With just occasional sneezing and snoring I would be inclined to wait a week and see if the l-lysine knocks it out, but "loud breathing" sounds potentially troublesome and if there is any sign of discharge in the nose or eyes I would go ahead and schedule an appointment now rather than waiting. If she's not coughing, wheezing, and crusting over with goo it's definitely not a dire emergency but if it seriously is making her breathing sound "loud" it's probably a bit more severe than just a mild herpes infection and it would be better to get her checked out sooner rather than later. Feel better little kitty!