Mixing to spayed females with 2 unneutered males?

I need a safe place for my two female cats both spayed, for one or two months. Is a good or bad idea to leave them with my daughter-in-law and her two unfixed male cats???

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    First of all, unless your daughter is a professional breeder, speak with her about having her cats neutered. There are SO many unwanted kittens out there. Secondly, bringing your 2 cats into your daughter's household could cause a serious uproar for everyone concerned. If the cats don't know each other, it could affect their social heirarchy, their litter box usage, and their lifestyle in general. The whole situation, even after you return, could be very stressful, especially for the cats. I would research pet-sitters on a site like www.care.com or see if your daughter could visit your cats in their own home a few times a day or so. I truly think that combining your 4 cats could cause more behavioral issues than it's worth.