Should my cat have some problems jumping after recovery from emergency pyometra surgery?

My 10 year old cat had emergency surgery for pyometra about a month ago. She has recovered well, Thank God. Lately she has had trouble jumping onto the bed. I'm just wondering if this is something I should expect right now, since the surgery was only a month ago. I didn't notice any problems until a couple of days ago. She had her stitches removed just two weeks ago. I will be contacting the vet as well today to ask. I just wondering if anyone else went through something similar. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Pyometra is a severe uterine infection in a female cat or dog. If left utreated, it often results in the death of the animal. If she recovered well and you gave her the entire course of antibiotics, following up with your vet after her surgery as advised, then it's probably not due to the surgery. Is she eating and using the box as normal? A sick kitty will stop eating and hide. If she's acting normally except for the jumping, it may be a touch of arthritis. In any case, you are wise for having it checked out. Pyometra is nothing to "fool around" with and the prevention of diseases like this is one of the best reasons for spaying.