I have two strictly indoor cats. Last week they were throwing up so off to the vet we went. Both got a wellness check up, weigh in, blood drawn and so forth. Lola my 8 yr old Tabby (only has one Kidney) had a high count of parasites (12 count instead of the 3 allowed) So she got a parasite shot.
Mio my 6 yr old DSH had a parasite count of 5.
Now he also had a somewhat lower Hemoglobin count of 10.6 instead of the allowed 11.5
Should I be worried?
The vet told me to give him liver/chicken hearts or Felovite w/ B12 and Iron in it.
She believes its because of the parasites. Which I think so too. Has anyone had this happen to their cat too?
Also she told me to put them on Revolution which I am wary off. I think a heartworm medication would be better.
(We live in the tropics...)
Thank you in advance.