How much should I weigh?

Samantha HufnagelSamantha Hufnagel PittsburghMember Posts: 2
I'm a 14-month-old male that's 25" inches long, 38" including my tail, and my paws and overall frame is on the larger side of the spectrum. My owner doesn't think I'm overweight, but she watched me trot from directly above me and might have seen my side flanks jiggle. Right now I weigh 11.6 lbs. What would be my ideal weight? How much should I be once I'm 2 assuming I'm done growing?

Best Answers

• Timmy_TomcatTimmy_Tomcat Plymouth Meeting 19462Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Khonsu! You look pretty healthy but your are on the big side fur your age. I am a bit big at about 12-13 pounds but am a large cat and I have been stable at that for about 6 months. Brofur Buddy is bigger at 16 pounds which is great. He has lost weight and is now down from 19 pounds. He was adopted about 3 years ago at 8 overweight years old. A cranky old dood but we love him (In a Man Cat way of course) If you are "grazing", eating dry food all day long, that is how cats get fat. It is better to eat on a schedule as that is closer to normal for a cat. Check with your vet to get an idea of how many calories you need to maintain that Man-Cat body. MOL. We eat Wet food as Buddy had to switch and it was too difficulty for Pops to do otherwise. Thanks Buddy Yay. We like wet better anyhow but the switch is really hard. They put kitty crack in the dry food and treats. We cannot get enough. Oh I am meowing on. Check the web about wet-dry and weight info! Purrs dood!
  • Holmqvist JohanHolmqvist Johan Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    Sometimes comparing and contrasting personally with folks out the primary environments may well not give good results. The quantities of obese as well as unhealthy weight a single region, for example the United States of America or even Britain, tend to be higher than in The Netherlands. Consequently a Dutch can target a reduced recommended weight as compared to an American when just about all he or she managed to do is usually to do a comparison of their self with other individuals. You can find Three ways that may help you determine if your current bodyweight is right, and also precisely what the goal must be if it isn't. You'll be able to figure out the Bmi, Weight-Height Ratio, as well as Entire body Fat Percent. Bmi as well as WHR can be figured out effortlessly from home. http://www.howmuchshouldiweighchart.com/