My 2 year Old Domestic Shorthaired keep meowing everytime left on her self

kerry leonardkerry leonard newport united kingdomMember Posts: 7
As I am Pregnant She Is Staying In The Room With My Boyfriends Brother he is out late nights and as soon she left alone she starts meowing sometimes even when someone is in the room which may start 3-6 in the morning has anyone have advice as i am considering taking her to a rescue centre

Best Answers

• sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    I don't get it! Why is the cat staying in another room alone - because you are pregnant? What's that got to do with anything? Maybe you should find her a home where she gets attention and not shoved into a room all alone! I don't understand why you would seclude a cat because you are pregnant, especially if this is an indoor cat (which it seems to be). Indoor cats do not pose a health risk to humans like outdoor cats do. Poor kitty! I feel sorry for her! Find her a loving home.
  • Natasha PhilpNatasha Philp CeresMember Posts: 189
    Accepted Answer
    I understand you are worried about Toxiplasmosis with you being pregnant. The truth of the matter here is that your Kitty is crying for you, shes confused as to why she suddenly has no contact with you and is is scared when she is left alone. you would only be at risk of toxiplasmosis in any of the following... Blood transfusions or solid organ transplants Carelessly handling cat litter, which can lead to accidental consumption of infectious particles Eating contaminated soil Eating raw or undercooked meat (lamb, pork, and beef) If you dont feel comfortable having her, its maybe best for you to get her a good, loving home. BUT the only risk to you would come from directly handling cat feaces, get someone else to do that for you and there should be no reason for you to avoid your cat!