My male cat likes to pee and poo an the bathtub. Why is this??

I have 4 cats who are both indoor and outdoor pets. 1 male and 3 females. We hafve 2 litter boxes. One of the females spends most of her time outside and rarely uses the litter box, while another spends her time half and half and rarely uses the litter box also. I have caught my male cat peeing and pooing multiple times and the tub. WHY does he do this??

Best Answer

• Arna CohenArna Cohen Member Posts: 565
    Accepted Answer
    The first thing to do is have the vet check him for any possible medical problems. Urinary tract infections, constipation, diabetes, kidney disease are among the ailments that can cause a cat to go outside the box. If he's healthy, then the cause may be that he's unhappy about the boxes or he's stressed about something. 2 boxes is not enough for 4 cats. You should 5 - one per cat plus an extra. For more info on litter box issues, go to catinfo.org