My cat won't stop peeing on the couch! I'm getting fed up!

My 2 1/2 year old kitty keeps peeing on my couches -- in the same 3 spots. He is healthy as a horse, has clean cat boxes, I wash, spray, and "de-urinize" the spots, but he keeps doing it! I am getting fed up! He is the only cat that does this, what is his PROBLEM??? AHHH!!!

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Delilah pees on my bathroom rug. I finally gave up and stopped putting the rug down. But, you can't very well put your couch in a closet. Is the cat neutered? Are you SURE he doesn't have a bladder infection? I've heard that you can use tin foil on the cushions because the cat doesn't like the feel of it or double sided sticky tape. There's also a device called "SSSCAT" that sprays a puff of air at the cat when it comes near-a motion detector thing. I've seen it at Wal-mart. You might also want to put out more boxes for him. Not exactly stylish, but either in sitting on the sofa in cat pee. Make sure, if you have more cats that they aren't harrassing him. Cats stop using the box for 2 reasons, one is health concerns and the other is stress.