I have an indoor cat, he never gets out of the apartment, but I am moving to another one where I hav

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I have moved my poor cats' litter boxes so many times I'm surprised they remember where they are! The most importants things are to keep the same litter and box, and when you place his box, make sure it's in as secluded a locastion as it can be (my cats' boxes are in the spare room closet). Show him where the box is. Give him a few pats and ear skritches and tell him what a good kitty he is, his mother loves him and speaks about him still, and that YOU also love him and you're certain he won't find any place to "go" except his litter box. Moving is traumatic for everyone, especially animals. Try to keep your routine in the new apartment as similar to the old apartment as you can.