Hi, I moved away and took two cats with me. However I left one with my mum. I now want to bring the

The third cat has slight kidney problems, and he is 13 yrs whilst the other two are 6. They are all male.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Assuming that they are all neutered, you will need to introduce the third cat as a "new cat", You will need to keep him separated from the other 2 until the 2 resident cats begin to show interest in the 3rd cat by pawing under or meowing at the door where you have isolated the "newcomer". The worst thing you could do would be to bring this cat into your house and just "dump" him into the middle of the room to make his own way with the other 2. Male cats are extremely territorial, even when neutered, and they will want to prove their dominance over the newcomer. You will want to ask your vet, who knows your cats, what the best way to introduce these three fellows to each other would be.