Should I ne concerned if I see blood in my cat's urine?

Gail SchulmanGail Schulman Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 5

Best Answers

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Member Posts: 1,670
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, YES and YYYEEESSS!!!! Please make a vet appt. right away (unless she is in heat)! Panda had stones (I didn't notice until he was blocked and peeing blood) and by the time I took him to the vet, he needed surgery the next day. Now he is on special pawscription food for the rest of his life. ^_^
  • Lisa HorstLisa Horst Member Posts: 8
    Accepted Answer
    That was the first symptom when Gizmo had crystals blocking him from peeing and I waited a couple days and he got worse and his stomach bloated and he couldn't move so I had to take him to the emergency vet and he had to have surgery. The stones came back again but luckily I caught it right away the second time but he is now on a special diet for the rest of his life.

Comments

• madsapup loughnanmadsapup loughnan wellingtonMember Posts: 2
    our cat had this thing called crystals and he was peeing blood lucky we noticed it!!
  • Christine LaverieChristine Laverie Member Posts: 305
    YES!!! Take Muffin to the vet ASAP!!!! I do not know what would cause it, but take Muffin to the vet PLEASE!!! I dont want any kitty to get sick or hurt here, so take Muffie to the vet!!!!
  • Carla OBrianCarla OBrian Memphis, TNMember Posts: 2
    YES! This could be a sign a urinary tract infection, diabetes, or internal bleeding. Take Muffin to the vet ASAP. You might attempt to use a long handled, large spoon to catch some urine, as he is relieving himself in the litter box. Pour the urine into a clean container and put a tight lid on it. This might save the vet from having to use a needle to get a urine sample. I hope it's not serious! Muffin is a cutie!