Why is my cat going outside the litterbox?

My sweet 3 year old, Belle, is about to give me fits! She is doing her business outside the pan. She's healthy, no urinary tract issues, but she will only use the pan for the first day after new litter is put in. After that, she uses the rugs in my bathroom! I scoop twice a day but even if it's scooped, she won't use it. I'm about at my wits end. I'm using the same litter I've used since I adopted her last year (with a couple of sidetracks to try other brands), so I don't think it's an aversion to the litter. This activity has only started recently. I'm seriously considering going to using clay litter (much cheaper than scoopable) just so I can change it everyday. My 9 year old has no problems with the pan. I've heard the rule of one pan per cat, plus one, but I just don't have the room for more than one pan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Member Posts: 1,670
    Accepted Answer
    Your cat does not want to share. You can't put two bozes next to eachother? (They don't have to be in different locations). Besides clay, an alternative is Dr. Elsey's litter attractant- you can sprinkle some 2x a day and see if it helps. ^_^