New Kitten peeing/pooping on couch.....HELP!

Just got a new kitten. She's probably about 6wks old give or take. My landlord found 3 of them under a barn about a week ago. He brought one for me to have for my young kids. First night here, kitten was very scared and skittish of course. It had an accident on my couch. I cleaned it the best I could and showed her where the little box is (have a 4mth old kitten too). The new kitten does NOT go to the litter box at all. Only my couch. Both sides. I am cleaning it CONSTANTLY and its not working and its really starting to smell. PLEASE HELP!!!

Best Answer

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Member Posts: 1,670
    Accepted Answer
    The kitten is going to keep on resoiling the area where it smells its own pee. I would ditch the couch and add a litter box, toys, scratchers and climbing posts. When you are confident that the cat can use the box, you can get a new couch. Otherwise, the one you have will be very unsanitary and smelly. The kitten is just a baby and needs to learn from the other one how to use the box. You should have one box per cat also. ^_^