Advice for a worried mom of a sick kitty. Please help.

My 13 year old kitty and I are desperate for help from anyone who might have some advice. Scout is what the vet always called a chronic vomiter. He's gotten much worse. I know he has IBD, and we've been to the vet many times and he's on medicine daily to help relieve this. We switched foods about 6 months ago to Wellness canned and he was doing SO well on it. No vomiting, lots of energy, happy kitty. About a month ago, he started vomiting worse than ever and having diarrhea. He's also started acting strange and biting me when I'm sleeping. And he's NEVER done that before. Last time we were at the vet a few weeks ago she said she felt a small mass, but the tests he needed would cost almost 3000 dollars total which I can't afford. I don't know what to do. He's having stomach episodes about once every week or two. I can't tell if he's in pain. He still seems hungry, but then he is sick half the time. Does anyone have any advice to help us out? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks friends