Several years ago my cat had crystals and the vet prescribed him c/d food. Are there less costly alt

My cat has been on the c/d food for around 5 years and it is becoming too expensive. Are there any other alternatives to this food? He eats both the dry and canned c/d food. Is it vital he stay on this prescription food?

Comments

• pamela strongpamela strong Member Posts: 2
    If you mean crystals in your cat's urine, it may have a urinary tract infection like my cat had about a year ago. My neighbor spends hundreds-and hundreds-of dollars to treat her cat's UTIs at the vet and I just can't afford that. I tried special cat food and she hated it so I went on Amazon.com and found a product called "Veterinarian's Best Feline Urinary Support Tablets". They come in a bottle of 60 pills and are currently being sold for $5-6.00 a bottle plus $3.50-4.00 shipping and that's it. We used it as directed and within a few days she was doing better and in a couple of weeks she was great but we finished giving her the full bottle. It's an awesome product, it works fast and is dirt cheap. It has a 4andahalf star rating at Amazon but I give it five stars. You might find it at Petco or Petsmart, someplace like that, if you can't buy it online for some reason (but it will probably be more expensive). Definitely worth a try.