My cat got spayed last week. The vet told me to apply betadene twice a day at the incision site. On

Comments

• Charlene MajoCharlene Majo Member Posts: 2
    First, you need to put a short description in the ask box, then give the details in the detail box so we can see the entire question. My guess is something happened from using betadine. Best answer is take kitty back to vets. My question is why would vet have you using betadine? It is used for surgery only, and has been discouraged for any other use. Betadine inhibits any type of cellular activity from happening, good or bad. They use it in surgery as a scrub to prevent any type of cross contamination while operating. If you use it on a healing wound it could inhibit the growth of healing tissue. Your cat may have a special need for it that I don't know about, but otherwise, you should not have to use it. This info is from me, with 18 years of wound care experience. I am not a doctor or a veterinarian.