I have a cat needing vitamin b shots and fluids regularly and am trying to determine whether there's

His age is unknown, with the vet estimating 12 years. We've had him for 8. He's always thrown up frequently. About two years ago, he'd lost weight and was dehydrated. The vet gave him fluids and vitamin B shots and he perked up. Since then, he's received B shots every 3 months, which kept him looking healthy. Recently, he became dehydrated again and was again given fluids and B shots and he perked back up. His creatin is at 2.1, but all else looks good. We're now giving him fluids at home when he looks slightly dehydrated and he seems to be doing well. However, I'm concerned that there's an underlying cause for this. He eats well, drinks a lot, pees an extraordinary amount, his stools are a light color, and he sometimes has diarrhea. His fur is kind of "sticky", especially as he becomes a bit dehydrated, although that's been the case ever since we got him. Are there more tests we should have done, try another vet, change foods? I want him around for many more years.