Not at all distressed noisy breathing, otherwise perfectly healthy and happy. Any suggestions?

An approximately 6 and a half year old domestic shorthaired kitty has lived with me for the past five years or so, a few days after she took up residence I noticed that every now and again her breathing would become noisy, a little like when you breathe through phlegm in your throat. She has been to the vets and had a battery of tests but all they could tell me was that there is some slight inflammation in one of her lungs and gave me some steroids to trial her on and that if she become distressed or seems to be in difficulty breathing then not to worry. Unfortunately after almost two months the tablets didn’t have any effect and as neither of us enjoyed the daily trial of getting her to swallow the tablets we stopped. I avoid using chemical cleaners as much as possible and she cannot access any of the few I do use, I vacuum regularly and I do not smoke. I am at a loss as to what it could be or of anything that could be causing the noisy breathing. I know that vet said that there is no