Peeing on my spot on the couch

My neutered male cat keeps peeing on my spot on the sofa. I know he and my husband don't have the best relationship, and I'm guessing that's the source of his bad behaviour. I've done everything else recommended: changed litter, changed spot of litter, checked for health issues... I just really think he is posessive over me. How can I change his behaviour? I've changed my entire furniture for him not to be drawn to the smell, but I really think his problem is with me/my husband... The only resource I have is to put foil on the sofa each night before bed, and leave it during the day when I'm off at work. This time, I left an "opening" of foil on my spot, and cae home to that aweful smell... please help! I don't want to have to choose between my cat and my husband but things are getting out of hand...