Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

I think my cat is pregnant, any help??

My 6 month old cat got out of the house twice while in heat. She tore a hole in the screen of the window. About two or there days ago my mom was coming home and saw her with another cat. This is our first time dealing with breeding. Any tips? Help? How to deliever kittens? When will we be able to tell if she's pregnant? She has an appointment to be spayed in 17 days and I want to ask the vet to do an ultrasound. I just really need tips on this whole kitten, delivering, pregnancy, thing.

Best Answer

• Jenna RiceJenna Rice Member Posts: 29
    Accepted Answer
    Just absolutely ask your vet ASAP. Being so young she might need extra care with her litter.

Comments

• Mary SmithMary Smith Member Posts: 1
    You won't notice her belly getting any bigger until she'squite advanced in the pregnancy (which can last from 63 to 69 days). If she has stopped going out on these outings this may indicate she's pregnant too, as if she's in heat she will have stopped because she's been fertilized. If you're not sure if your cat is pregnant here's a full list of things you should look out for http://animals.onehowto.com/article/how-to-know-if-your-cat-is-pregnant-420.html Hope this helps! I don't know much about delivery though, so good luck!
  • Ronald HrubecRonald Hrubec Member Posts: 1
    When do you think she got pregnant? If she is really only 6 months old it would likely be best to have her spayed immediately. It would unfortunately prevent the birth of the kittens but for a 6 month old this could be a big problem. With the nutrients that are supposed to help her grow going towards kittens. I know it's likely not what you wanted to hear and in all honesty it's not something I like saying myself but there is no way a 6 month old kitten should be having kittens of her own.