What's less stressful a situation for a cat for 2 weeks, sharing a space with another cat, or being

So context, if anyone is willing to read in case in may help/since the 120 character version makes me sound a bit crappy: We used to be catless ourselves but catsit for friends and family when needed (since we were still "cat people"). We recently got a cat our own though. I know that cat's are territorial and avoid rather than seek out each other's company, but in my head because my aunt in question will be absentee two weeks which seemed ample time for them to warm up to each other/a long time for her cat Katie to be alone, Katie likes attention/stimulation, and our cat Mia is very friendly/seemed to get along well with other cats at the shelter, it seemed like it'd be less stressful overall for Katie if she boarded with us, since the only alternative was to leave her home and come by and feed/play/litter her for about an hour a day. But while it hasn't been a disaster, it isn't going well either, both seem upset. Reading, it says aclimating takes months. Would she be happier alone?