My cat dosent have a appetite

YaritzaYaritza Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello I have a male cat that is 5 years old. He doesn't have no appetite.

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭

Have you taken him to the vet? Try feeding him wet food slopped with water or tuna juice. See if he'll eat treats. I think he needs a vet visit, if you haven't taken him already.

• he needs a vet visit, I think he have some Psychological problems :(
  • Steel_Penny1943Steel_Penny1943 Member Posts: 7
    When Domino (Siamese/Tortie mix) was 10 years old, he had stopped eating for several hours.  We carried him to an emergency pet hospital.  The vet diagnosed him with a blockage in his colon.  The vet suggested we hospitalize him overnight to sedate him and perform an enema.  The vet performed the enema and kept him overnight for observation.  He didn’t eat for the vet, but he was fed intravenously.  They had a bonnet on him so he couldn’t reach the food dish.  He’s not a hand feeder so if they tried feeding him by hand, it wasn’t going to work.  At any rate, we took him home, took the bonnet off and fed him his treats and his wet food.  He ate everything I gave him to eat.