Rant about Pet boarding

RANT...
Fur and Feathers Pet Resort... I wish I had spoken to more people about this place before I trusted them to care for my cat, Marble. Now that I've had this terrible experience with them I'm hearing from many others about their bad experiences as well. I hope this review can save someone else's pet.
I had boarded Marble there a couple of times before and was satisfied- but after my boarding him there this past December- we had to put him to sleep 2 days after picking him up from there.
While he was 16 years old and had kidney disease- it was being managed through his diet. He was not on any medication. When I dropped him off at Fur and Feathers to be boarded while I was away he was happy, playful, hydrated and had a fabulous appetite. I left plenty of food and explicit instructions on how often he ate. I also left my contact information as well as Marble's vet information. The vet was on the same street- 2 minutes away.
When I picked Marble up 8 days later he was completely blind, dehydrated, skinny, and could barely walk. I rushed him to the emergency vet. His blood pressure was very high which had caused all his blood vessels to expand and cause the blindness. He required IV fluids and meds- but even with this emergency care- he was too far gone and we ended up needing to put him to sleep 2 days later.
Fur and Feathers had not informed me that there was any problem with Marble- even when I stood at the desk paying and waiting for them to put him in his carrier when I picked him up. Upon my frantic calls when I got him home and saw his condition they admitted it had started at 6pm the night before. I was never called! My vet was not called!
I know anyone who leaves theirpet in their care would expect that if their pet fell ill while there they would be notified so the proper care could be taken before things got so bad that their pet needed to be put to sleep.
I hope this review saves your pet. I do NOT recommend this place.
Furthermore- the responses from the manager and the owner to me in my trying to understand how they let my cat get into such a terrible condition have been horrible. The owner has even been nasty to me.

As an update to this review- I am still awaiting answers from this owner. He has not returned my calls.

****People who have had bad experiences at Fur and Feathers Pet Resort need to REPORT THEM to Orange County Animal Services 407-446-7066