Smoking and cats. Help :(

JiJiCoCoJiJiCoCo Member Posts: 1
Hi catsters!
So I have a beautiful cat named Jinora. She's with me since April 2015, and everything was fine until like three months ago when I started vaping. Jiji began to hide and run away from me when I was vaping; she's pushing me away when I try to kiss her. But I have this anxiety, and vaping is sorta helping and relaxing me... But I don't wanna lose my best friend. I was surfing the net and bumped into this article https://vapingdaily.com/what-is-vaping/vaping-around-pets/. I found out you can't vape near your pets since they can have vomiting, loss of appetite and stuff... I'm confused. What should I do?  

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,884 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't you go outside to do that? Really smoking or vaping isn't good for you. I used to smoke. I thought I needed it to relax me as well. I've learned to live quite well without cigarettes. I don't miss smoking one bit. I wish I'd never done it to begin with. You should find other ways to relax. Listen to music, read a book, lay down to rest, play with your cat, call a friend, find something cool on TV, surf the web, etc.
  • Louann_BaloghLouann_Balogh Member Posts: 6
    Most likely your cat just isn't used to the new vape apparatus.  And you no longer have the familiar smell of tobacco on you.   I smoke 2 or 3 packs a day in a house with 4 cats.  They are near me, sleep with me, kiss me.  The only time they shy away is near the smoke from a cig in the ashtray.  Don't let anyone tell you to go outside, or any other anti smoking BS.  If your cat lived the past 3 years with you smoking, no reason to change now.  Cigarettes are proven to relax you, relieve stress and anxiety among other things