Best food for skin issues (excessive grooming)?

RavensongRavensong Member Posts: 5
I have two cats (profiles pending), 'rissa and Silk.  'rissa is 15, diagnosed with IBD and hyperthyroidism.  Silk is healthy.  Both cats groom excessively, although 'rissa much more so than Silk.  Silk also vomits on a fairly regular basis, often while she is eating.  

My vet has said he thinks they both have a food allergy.  He said a few years ago, they both needed a higher protein diet - duck, rabbit, or venison.  But I can't get either of them to eat anything other than fish, chicken, or turkey.  I really would like to feed them a human grade food, but am not sure what to try or if there is one that contains any of these.  It seems the ones I've been able to find are mostly chicken or fish.  Also, of the foods not human grade, every duck (for example) I've found has either chicken or fish in it, also.

Anyone else have skin issues?