Got a new cat who wil NOT use the litter box

LovethespamLovethespam Member Posts: 3
I got Cleo about 2 weeks ago. She's amazing, cuddly, dorkly and best of all, a mommy's girl. The only problem that I am having is that she WILL NOT use the litter box. I've been cleaning it fairly often, but that doesn't seem to matter. I've never yelled at her for pooping on the floor and last night she even peed on my shoes. But I didn't yell. Putting her into the litter box she just jumps out right away. I've put tin foil on the floor where she has been pooping and I fed her 3 hours ago and have been playing with her as much as she'll allow but still no poop. Its been 2 weeks and she hasnt looked at the litter box. HELP!!?!

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you need to take her to the vet to rule out any medical issues. Try moving the litter box to another location, perhaps she doesn't like where it's at. Try using another kind of litter. Maybe she wants a bigger litter box. In my opinion they are too small. I've always used a long storage container for Twinkle, not a real litter box. You just got this cat. Maybe it's taking a while for her to adjust to being in a new home. Has she been spayed? If not & if she's old enough, get her spayed.