My cat has ruined my house

Hello!

I need some advice on what to do with my cat. I have a multi-cat household, and this cat has ruined my new home. He has peed on every inch of this house he has access to... furniture, appliances, cabinets, flooring, doors, windows.... you name it. He somehow snuck into the area we sleep in that holds my inventory where I do business, and just peed in there, on some of my inventory, in my bedroom on my bed, on a brand new cat bed, and on the walls.... it’s currently 2:30 in the morning, so I’m not sure what else he has ruined in this area yet... I only found the 5 ruined things/areas.

After 2 years of free roaming.... I am sick and tired of living in this squalor because of ONE cat. He ruined all the walls and the baseboards.... we remodeled the house, but has basically ruined 20k worth of remodel, including appliances.

What should I do with him? I’m thinking of sticking him in a cage for the rest of his life, which is no way to live... but I can’t live like this anymore. 

I’m at my wit’s end. Please give advice...

Some background info:
Doesn’t have UTI, is at the bottom of the totem pole in hierarchy, small and scared, found as a kitten burned and in a car engine, gets along with all other cats but is just weak, uses the litter box for both 1 & 2, eats and drinks regularly, is very thin and bony but muscular like an outdoor feral cat.

Comments

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭
    This cat was tramatized at a very young age & has probably not gotten over it. You say he's at the bottom of the totem pole. He probably needs love & reassurance. Pet him. Play with him. Show him love. You say he's thin & bony. Fatten him up with some treats. It sounds like he needs attention, love, patience, understanding, affection & to be fattened up.