Taking my cat to the vet in the rain

deb1113deb1113 Member Posts: 6
This may be a silly question, but my sweet cat Butterscotch has an appointment on Tuesday for dental work. It is going to be raining all day. I will be taking Lyft/Uber or just a taxi, so we will be outside for a few minutes I  know cats hate the rain. I just want to know if it's okay to take her.

Comments

• deb1113deb1113 Member Posts: 6
    Moved to right board
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭
    She'll be in a carrier, right? Put a blanket or something over it to help keep the rain out. Also, try to wait until the last minute to go out.
    Thanks. Yes, she will be in a carrier. Cabs constantly pass my building, so that won't be a problem. If I put a blanket over the carrier, how will she breathe?

I use a mobile vet service that comes to my home, so I'm not used to taking her out.
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭
    Just use the blanket long enough so she won't get wet. So how did it go?
  • MeepMeep Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    As long as it isn't pouring out you should be okay (and mom too)! Hope you are okay.
    Thanks for asking.  The rain wasn't bad. Butterscotch had 11 teeth removed and recovered beautifully, much better than I would have. She was eating and playing that night (Tuesday), but didn't become her usual purr machine until Thursday. Now, on Sunday, it's like it never happened. Animals are amazing.