My cat is a rescue that I got about 5 years ago. They aged him based on his teeth at about 17 years. He currently has stage 2 kidney disease that has been stable even improved on a kd diet over the past 6 months. He also had a heart murmur that has been there since I got him 5 years ago. He currently has a tooth with an exposed root though he shows no signs of pain and eats hard and soft food. The vets don't want to risk the general anesthesia due to his age and comirbidities but I know the tooth issue is going to cause him pain later on and I'm thinking I'd rather take the risk now as he's doing alright rather than. Wait until the tooth becomes a problem. Any thoughts? Especially from veterinarians?
jason and ambrose