Should I try to re-locate my blind outdoor kitty (16) into my home with two other cats?

moorej2moorej2 Member Posts: 5
This kitty was born to a feral Siamese in my neighborhood about 16 years ago.  She has always been extremely reclusive, coming out from her hiding place only to eat.  In the past 6 months, she appears to be losing her vision, bumping into things and moving very cautiously.  I want to bring her indoors, but have a 1 1/2 year old neutered male and his 2 1/2 year old mom inside.  I don't want to further traumatize her.  She loves for me to pet her and I love petting her!

Answers

• TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,166 ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless, it certainly sounds like she should be taken to a vet first of all.
  • moorej2moorej2 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your comment.  And I have taken her to my vet who gave her a good bill of health except for "some impairment in her vision."  But may consult again before making the decision to bring her  in.
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,166 ✭✭✭✭
    What did the vet say that might could be done, if anything to help with her vision, any supplements, change of diet, anything at all?
  • moorej2moorej2 Member Posts: 5
    She's inside now and adjusting to being an "inside" kitty!  I know I'm a lot happier, just hope she is, and she seems to be - purring, eating well, drinking well, and doing "business" in the right place!