how can i get my outside cat to use the shelter i made for her?

a stray/feral cat showed up at my house.weeks ago. now that it's cold, I have made a shelter for her but she's not using it.  I've tried moving it around but to no avail.  what else can I do?

Answers

• TabbyBoyTabbyBoy Member Posts: 6
    Have you tried putting some treats in a shelter? If you have tried this and it didn't help I would recommend you to introduce this cat with treats. Feed him a little bit show him that it's good for him or her. Of course, this cat will be afraid of you and you'll have to keep your distance.
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,168 ✭✭✭✭
    Put a warm blanket & some wet food in there to tempt her.
  • CharleyCharley Member Posts: 3
    I agree with TabbyBoy and Twinkle.  Additionally, how about a self-warming blanket with those treats and spray the interior of the shelter with catnip. 
  • karen rabalaiskaren rabalais Member Posts: 2
    I have tried all of that to no avail.  I've given up on it.  also, how do I get her to drink fresh water?  I've tried mixing dirty with fresh and still can't get her to drink it.  she prefers nasty water!