NEED INFO FROM ANYONE THAT OWNS A CAT WITH CUSHINGS.

wolfwmn1222wolfwmn1222 Member Posts: 3
My cat was diagnosed in Feb. 2019 with Cushings.  Since then, he has been on trilostane 30 mg./daily which has brought his cortisol level down.  The problem I am having now is that I can't get the weight off of him.  He has ballooned up to 18.4 lbs. when he should weigh around 16 lbs. or so.  I've tried small amounts of good quality wet food, as well as dry.  I have read that cats with Cushings have a hard time metabolizing protein and carbs.  Dry food is about 50% carbs.  However, my vet recommended the Hill's Science Prescription Diet Metabolic dry food for him.  I hate to restrict him to dry only, but I've started him  back on that.  I need some info from someone who has experienced this with their cat and how did they get the weight off.  What did they feed, how much and how often and did their cat lose weight.