Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

How can I get my cat who suddenly stopped eating to eat again

hayneskayhayneskay Member Posts: 3
About a month ago my overweight food hound cat started to be disinterested in his food and throwing up frequently. It's gotten to the point that he eats very little and has lost a lot of weight. The vet took blood tests, but found no evidence of anything wrong. She rehydrated him and gave him antibiotics and anti nausea medication
in case he had an infection. He's still pretty active, but despite all this still does not want to eat. I've tried everything, even baby food and adding warm water to kitten kibble. Sometimes he'll eat a little, but wants nothing later. Is there any suggestions out there to try. I can't afford to have the vet put a tube in him or do an ultra sound.

Answers

• cymbal777cymbal777 Member Posts: 1
    Know all too well of expenses of vets. A good vet should be able to work with you on costs. Know an ultrasound can be expensive,but need to perform process of elimination to find out. If you are comfortable with telling me your cat's name,I and my friends will pray for him. Please do not think this is not effective,as I have seen miracles happen.
  • hayneskayhayneskay Member Posts: 3
    Thank you! His name is Keeper.
  • hayneskayhayneskay Member Posts: 3
    Thank you! His name is Keeper.
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭
    I think further testing needs to be done such as maybe X-rays, an ultrasound & I'm not sure what all else. There are online fundraising sites. Perhaps a friend or family member could loan you the money. How's Keeper doing now?