Is occasional corn bad for me?

Patti GartlandPatti Gartland Beaver DamMember Posts: 121
edited 20 September, 2005 in Food & Nutrition
I LOVE corn. Especially corn on the cob. I can\'t wait for Mom to finish her cob, then she lets me work it over. But Dad asked if this could be bad for me. Heck, I don\'t know. I eat Iams Hairball control and a tablespoon of canned food once a day. Does anybody know if it\'s okay to give me a little corn here & there? Meow >\"< for now, Shyla

Comments

• Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey! I don\'t know about on the cob, but I used to eat a little corn from a can occasionally and it never did me any harm. ( You\'re quite a little hottie, by the way. . . too bad I didn\'t meet you years ago)
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't think it should hurt! I mean, a lot of pet foods are made with corn meal and though it's used mostly for bulk and not for it's nutritional value, at least we know it's not poisonous to cats! :-) As long as you're not eating so much that you lose your appetite for your real food, I would think you are fine.
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    A lot of kitties are allergic to corn. If you start having trouble with your skin or fur, corn could cause that and you would need to cut it out. Otherwise, it\'s probably fine. As Arthur said, lots of catfoods contain corn, so it\'s not like it\'s poison for us.