La Kitty Café

Comments

• Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    A long drive sounds wonderful, the wind in our fur, me snuggling right next to you! *takes Mylo's paw, kisses him on his adorable nose* Thank you for the wonderful dinner. *reaches for roses*
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, was that a toe paw I just felt agaist my leg, Keisha???
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thank you my sweet..a wonderful nite. I think Fee, Bootz and Gys are ready to head home, too. *Pulls out chair* . I will get the kitty car and meet you out front
  • Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Felica, Bootz and Gys Thank you for your help in making this a wonderful night. *Gives every kitty a big hug & keisha kiss*
  • Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, Keisha and Mylo, you\'re just too cute for words! Gys has been keeping me informed on what\'s going on with your romance, and I think it\'s just darling. Wish it would give a certain red-and-white longhair some ideas. . . . prrrrt! Giggles, Lucie
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh my. I am too late. I wanted to stop by and see the happy couple.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks Sweetie, We probably just missed you. They had a grand time, but were anxious to go for that 'drive'. Hehe
  • Addie GriderAddie Grider KutztownMember Posts: 521
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Can i be a waiter?
  • Ashley WeatherholtzAshley Weatherholtz WhartonMember Posts: 85
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'll have a shrimp on the rocks! I'm so lonely tonight . . . *whines*
  • Ellen KenneyEllen Kenney Stuart / Saint Lucie areaMember Posts: 8,240
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sorry, been a little busy lately, and haven\'t been able to get on Catster as much. I promise, I\'ll be surely back in about a week, to run this Cafe again! =D Anybody who wants a job is welcome, I will make sure to keep you paid! :) Remember, CatsterPlus members get 3 days free! :) Here is the payment for the jobs again: Chef - 200 Treats Waiter/Waitress - 180 Treats Seater - 150 Treats Every kitty you serve(Whether your a chef, waiter/waitress, or even a seater!) you get 20 treats. And heres the menu again! : The Menu: Catnip - 5 Treats Tuna - 7 Treats Salmon - 10 Treats Cat Whine - 13 Treats Water - 3 Treats Coca-Cola - 4 Treats Pepsi - 3 Treats Sprite - 4 Treats Fries - 2 Treats Hamburger - 5 Treats Salad - 6 Treats Fish Salad - 8 Treats Ice Cream - 10 Treats Flavors of Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip - 10 Treats Vanilla - 10 Treats Chocolate - 10 Treats Strawberry - 10 Treats Fish - 10 Treats Catnip - 10 Treats Blueberry - 10 Treats If anycats would like to request something to be added to the menu, just say it, and it will be added! :)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Clear Blue Sky - Here is your order, Shrimp on rocks :) If you need anything else, please let me know! Timmy - If your still up to it, you can be a waiter! :)
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    NEW MENU ITEMS COMING SOON!!! Brought to you by chef Patches.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hehe, the Cafe is opennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Well.......I guess all I can afford is water and fries. I like salt, please salt the fries real good. Thank you! Midnight Helen
  • Jan CrockerJan Crocker PlacentiaMember Posts: 241
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, Milo! My mom\'s great at grilling swordfish for herself and Dad -- so much so that my little nose twitches madly any time they have it for dinner! If you can offer it as an entree, I\'d be delighted. And although I have salmon each day in the form of salmon-flavored phenobarbital tablets (I have epilepsy, so Mom gives me two tabs each day), I adore the flavor of the stuff. Can you find any salmon-flavored ice cream? That would be an amazing treat! ;-) And, now, here\'s the surprise: Every so often, I enjoy a taste of beer! When Mom and Dad came home from the Padres-Cards playoff game this last weekend, they brought home a plastic bag, filled with playoff stuff, that had this incredible smell and flavor on it. As soon as I began licking the bag ... and, sure enough, it was brew! (I\'m guessing it\'s Budweiser.) Dad thinks that the fans sitting behind him spilled their beer on the floor, and a bit of that beer trickled onto the bag. Now a dainty, classy lady like me doesn\'t seem like someone who\'d enjoy a beer, but I sip one -- very delicately and slowly -- from time to time. I don\'t want to develop a \"beer gut\"! ;-) Now, Buddy, on the other hand ... *winks knowingly at her beer-chugging friend*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Woo-hoo! Brewski! Several years ago, Mom and Dad brought home some beer and poured a bit into my water bowl. When I first sipped the stuff (and stop giggling at me, Emmy, saying I guzzled it), I knew I was in feline bliss. And because I'm a big fella, I never worry about getting a belly ... after all, any self-respecting big cat like me looks better with one! And, of course, the flavor of beer rocks -- y'know, hops, yeast, and cats go together like catnip and toy mice. ;-) Girl, my lover, has never understood the magic of brew. She likes ... oh, what do you call it, sugar?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mmmm! You're talking about Bailey's Irish Cream, darlin'! It's that rich cream that makes me go nuts! Around the holidays each year, they'd pour some Bailey's and enjoy it for themselves. I jumped onto Mom's lap once -- and I'm not a lap cat -- so I could get a tiny taste of that delectable concoction. Let me tell you, friends, it's amazing! Put in my vote for Bailey's as an after-dinner drink. It's better than plain milk any day!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Of course, Emmy! Patches is making a new menu for the Cafe, I'll be sure to pass grilled swordfish on to him! :)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks so much, Milo! Can\'t wait to see what magic your chef will do with the swordfish. If you need human chefs, I can ask either one of my human parents to step in. Mom prepares her grilled fish with wonderful seasonings, and Dad -- get this -- is THE master fish chef ever, making an incredible light lemon-dill sauce that he pours over the fish before it goes onto the grill. (Shouldn\'t go on so about these delicacies, because I\'m getting ravenous!)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Just a bump for the Cafe ;)
  • Cynthia StichCynthia Stich Member Posts: 762
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey - check out this place ;0) Y*Y (a catini toast to the reopening of La Kitty Cafe)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    New menu coming soon I promise!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wah, this place isn't as pawpular as before! *sniffle* Nobody likes my cafe anymore?? :-(
  • Addie GriderAddie Grider KutztownMember Posts: 521
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well, i want to be a waitress....andTimmy wants to eat here...get ready for a payday guys...
    Well....I've been waiting here for Blaze for two hours......I guess I got stood up. *gathers up purse and walks out with tail held high*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Awwwwwww Midnight Helen. I'm so sorry m'dear. That's right girl - you keep that tail held high!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Awww, Helen! *hug* Blaze is an older fella -- his owner may have been giving him some medicine. Here\'s a side story: I remember my human mom telling me about Big Guy, the old white tom her parents adopted a dozen years ago when he was eight. Turns out he needed five -- count \'em, FIVE -- medications each day (he was both FIV and FIP positive, had a rare immune-system deficiency, and was seriously ill with two other tough ailments). It took her parents a lot of time each day to keep their big fella in working order. Their hard work paid off: When B.G. went to the Bridge two years ago at age 18, he was miraculously clear of all of his health issues ... according to his vet, he passed away of natural causes. Natch, we don\'t want to think that Blaze has even close to the number of problems that B.G. had, but he may be struggling with one or two that he was too embarrassed to talk about. I\'m hoping he\'s OK. In the meantime, darlin\', how about we stretch out that girls\' weekend to Tuesday? I still need some \"chill time,\" especially since Dad is still a bit under the weather and I needed to look out for him on both Saturday and Sunday. Whaddaya say about doing some crank calls, primping each other, and being best buddies? :-)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm very sorry my dearest Midnight Helen, I blame my humans but more so myself. My humans weren't able to pick me up from the boarding until the next morning, they hadn't arrived back home until sunday night at 11pm. But I'm home now, and getting comfy by the heater vent because it is soo cold here. I'm very sorry for not being here sooner, but my humans had promised me they would have me picked up by Sunday evening. I thought to take them by their word, and since they didn't uphold their word I'm very mad at them. I try my hardest to avoid them. Again, I'm very sorry... can you forgive this old Tom?
    To my girls, Emmy and Sweetie: Thanks for your support, ladies! We females need to stick together as far as toms are concerned! And yes, I'd LOVE to have another girls night. What else can we get into? Blaze: When I told mom you didn't show, she went on a big rant about males in general. To be honest I think she needs to be on some kind of medication. She's just jealous because I have a tom and she doesn't! Anyway, Of course I'll forgive you! Believe me, I know how humans can be. So, what did you have planned?? Love, Midnight Helen
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *blushes slightly* Oh dearest Midnight Helen, I'm glad you forgave me... I'd hate to have to take this back to the kitty jeweler. . . *bends on furry knee with the gorgeous jewel encrusted necklace* Midnight Helen, as you know I'm an older boy . . . and am very lucky to have you, but as all the older kitties know... we don't have forever as we are only on this earth a short time, and in this short time I'm happy to have found my soul mate. Midnight Helen, will you be my Cat Bride?