Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

I and beast wont eat wet food!

Paula PetersPaula Peters Member Posts: 2
edited 6 August, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
I was eating it till i got fixed. and beast always threw it up!

Comments

• Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 10 June, 2009
    What kind of food were you feeding? maybe there was something in it that they did not like. Read the site called catinfo.org this gives tips on how to switch to an all wet diet. This diet is better than dry anyday. =;
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 16 June, 2009
    Hey Grayson, If you want a good food that has been around for over 80 years, try what my kitties have been eating for years. Nutro Max is a great food. P.C. here was throwing it up after being fixed also. Though now he just ate some Natural Choice chicken and has no problems what so ever. All of the food that Nutro makes comes with a money back guarantee as in if you or Meowma do not like any of it, return for money back with no questions asked. Meow on my Family page was the 3rd kitty to reach 22 yrs old on there Max Cat dry only. Good luck on your choices. Yes I know some people here do not like the food but we all eat differently , don't we? Mol
  • Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 16 June, 2009
    After all the dogs and cats getting so sick after eating Nutro and then Nutro finally recalls the food "voluntarily"... the above post is truly repulsive. Admit it, Reps, there is no coming back from this. There is no spin you can put on that train wreck that will make people believe that Nutro is safe. How insulting that you would think that you could.
  • Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 14 June, 2009
    After all the dogs and cats getting so sick after eating Nutro and then Nutro finally recalls the food "voluntarily"... the above post is truly repulsive. Admit it, Reps, there is no coming back from this. There is no spin you can put on that train wreck that will make people believe that Nutro is safe. How insulting that you would think that you could.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 14 June, 2009
    I'm assuming you are young, Grayson, since you just had your surgery. If you used to eat wet fine, then I'd say your Meowma should just get several small cans of different brands and or flavors to check. I refuse to eat any wet at all, but Ringo eats it--but only the totally ground up style, and no salmon flavor. On the sliced or chunky kind, he only licks the sauce off. It takes a while to figure out. Actually, Meowma does include Nutro as one of the three foods she feed me in rotation; after while I get bored and turn my nose up at the current thing. In today's world, manufacturing plants and companies are huge, and unfortunate things have happened to human and animal foods, and even prescription drugs. After all, people have died from e coli on vegetables, of all things. Unless our humans are going to home-grow all their food and ours as well, there will always be some risk involved.
  • Aaron LeeAaron Lee SeattleMember Posts: 251
    edited 15 June, 2009
    Matty loves wet foods, I rotate several different brands, she goes through little phases, I\'ll say \"you want \'brand X\' Tuna this morning?\", or \"how about Brand Y Venison?\" I end up giving her which ever one she meows the loudest about. Selby on the other hand, she\'ll lazily sniff around a serving of wet food, but usually ends up drinking up some of the sauce or gravy, then walks off, demanding some sort of kibble. I have friends who are vet techs and other pals who work in petstores and I actually hear pretty frequently that certain cats don\'t always take a shine to wet food...my 2 c, I think it depends on the animal....:?
  • SammySammy Member Posts: 3,391
    edited 15 June, 2009
    We agree with you, Matty about kitties having individual food preferences. Mom has done her best to convert us to 100% wet food over the past 6 months, but my brother, Luke, has always enjoyed his kibble. She can get him to eat some wet food if she puts babyfood, Halo Liv-a-Littles chicken treats, or some other enticement on top of the wet food, but he otherwise doesn\'t care too much for wet food. I, on the other, LOVE my wet food, and will happily chow down on it :)
  • Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 20 June, 2009
    Depending on the type of wet food he was eating, there have been some recalls because of kitties vomiting, and having diarhhea! Here\'s the link: http://thepetfoodlist.com/forums/index.php?board=36.0