Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Nature\' Variety Freeze Dried Food Withdrawal

Kerri ZimmermanKerri Zimmerman WinnipegMember Posts: 448
edited 15 June, 2009 in Food & Nutrition
From the Nature's Variety website. Two Nature’s Variety freeze dried pet food products have been withdrawn from distribution. Nature’s Variety recently identified two lots of Freeze Dried product that didn’t meet our quality standards. These products do not represent a health hazard to your pet. We have voluntarily withdrawn distribution of these specific products: * Freeze Dried Raw Chicken Formula (UPC # 69949 60151) with a “best if used by” date of 05/25/10 * Freeze Dried Raw Beef Formula (UPC # 69949 60251) with a “best if used by” date of 05/25/10 Our distributor and retailer partners have kept control of these products, and because we retrieved these products so quickly, it is very unlikely that you purchased this batch of food. If, however, you believe you may have purchased one of these products, you may contact Nature’s Variety at 1.888.519.PETS (7387) for a full refund or replacement. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us by clicking CONTACT US at the top of this page, or call our Customer Service Team directly at 1.888.519.PETS. We will be happy to respond to you as quickly as possible. More info can be found on the Nature’s Variety website. You’ll also find information at Pet Food Express http://www.petfoodexpress.com/petfood/default.asp?pageid=99&Section=About , which has decided to suspend sales of some other Nature’s Variety pet foods.

Comments

• BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
    edited 15 June, 2009
    Lexus, I am sorry I didn\'t see this post earlier when I posted mine. I guess better twice than not at all. Really upsetting. I have been unhappy with the direction NV has been going for awhile now, with their sourcing of rabbit and rabbit liver for all of their products that contain it in China, and this just makes me really upset. I\'ve been using NV for both dogs and cats regularly for the last three or four years, and have really come to depend on it. On the other hand, at least they are being up front. Have to give them credit for that, I guess.
  • Kerri ZimmermanKerri Zimmerman WinnipegMember Posts: 448
    edited 15 June, 2009
    Thanks Hazel Lucy for posting those links! Isn't it sad what these Pet food companies are doing....putting our pets health at risk? When is it going to end. Because we all know that the few pet food companies listed are a small fish in a HUGE ocean. On another note "By Nature" canned pet foods was made by Evangers but as per Ray @ By Nature on 6/9/09 they are no longer using Evangers. All their canned pet food is now being canned by Menu Foods n. And their organic line (which they had alot of problems with) is now being canned by Performance Pet Foods. I am not familar with Performance Pet Foods so I can't comment on their reliability. But Menu foods does not have a great track record either. But I can't say anything b/c I use Wellness canned and EVO 95% canned and I think they are both canned by Menu Foods??? :?:?