Food mystery

Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
edited 25 June, 2009 in Food & Nutrition
My cats Kaci and Mittens don't normally eat Fancy Feast for breakfast but this morning I gave Kaci some FF Oceanfish & Tuna because she seems tired of her usual breakfast food. She had some FF Oceanfish & Tuna yesterday evening and had no problem with it. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to her but she either didn't eat the food or only licked it or smelled it. It didn't look touched. It was her reaction to it that was strange. She walked away and began gagging and drooling and threw up foam. Afterwards she seemed perfectly OK and was able to eat something else and has appeared fine since then. A little while later Mittens approached the food and sniffed at it while I was still cleaning up from Kaci. Mittens doesn't like FF Oceanfish & Tuna so it didn't surprise me that she didn't eat any. But she had the same reaction as Kaci. She began gagging and threw up white foam. Again, Mittens was ok afterwards and has no signs of any illness. I looked at the food and it didn't look strange. It smelled stinky but to me didn't smell any stinkier than it usually does. What could possibly be in the cat food that would make Kaci & Mittens gag and spit up foam just by smelling it? Has anyone else ever had this happen with their cats?

Comments

• Cecilia CretaroloCecilia Cretarolo PortlandMember Posts: 267
    edited 25 June, 2009
    I honestly have no idea but you should report it to the store that you bought it from. Make sure to hold onto the can since the store will want to know what the batch number is. They will most likely pull the batch and let company that manufactures Fancy Feast know about it.
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 25 June, 2009
    Kaci I would write down the codes and then email the company with all the info, or even give them a call, they will have a 1-800 # I would say there is something wrong with that particular food.
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 25 June, 2009
    I checked both the used and unused cans and there are two sell by dates. One batch is good and the other is bad. The problem is, I don\'t know which sell by date is the bad one. But I\'ll take your suggestions and write down the codes, etc. and let the company and the store know about it. Thank you!