Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

The Grand Festival

Hello, cats of the clans! This is a festival that I came up with to help us cats from all the clans to socialize and have fun. There will be four contests: -Hunting -Battling -Racing (Land and water) -Tree Climbing This festival will be held on the 1st of each month, so the next festival will be on July 1st. Here are the rules: -Every clan leader must post saying if they will come or not. -Contests are open for apprentices and Warriors ONLY. -No hissing or quarreling. If you are caught cheating or being a sore loser, you will be out of the contest. It\'s about having fun, not wining. -Leaders (The judges) will come to a peaceful solution of which cat is the winner of each contest. At the end of the festival, the prey will be collected from the hunting contest, and the clans shall feast a grand feast!

Comments

• edited 21 June, 2009
    **RULES FOR HUNTING CONTEST** The hunting contest is a fun way to gather prey for the grand feast. The rules are simple: -Each Warrior or Apprentice has a limited amount of time to catch as much prey as they can. -When the ten minutes are up, the cat with the most prey is the winner! -When one contest is over, a new one will begin. Wait your turn. At the end of the grand festival, all the prey from the hunting contest will be gathered up and feasted on at the grand feast.
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **RULES FOR THE BATTLE ARENA** The battle arena is a tournament that consists of two cats battling each other. Here are the rules: -All medicine cats will carefully monitor the battle. -Do not overdo it. No extreme scratching or biting, please. -If you are feeling hurt, contact a medicine cat right away. You may choose to forfeit the fight. -No unfair powers. Don't make yourself win every time, keep it close. -Signup starts now! Have fun! Here is the Tournament Chart: Tournament Chart
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **RULES FOR TREE CLIMBING CONTEST** The tree climbing contest is very simple: -Two cats climb up a tree as fast as they can. -The first cat to reach the top wins. -No unfair powers. Make the race realistic and close. -Signup starts now! -Wait your turn for the contest to start. Then, you may race when the cats are done racing. Have fun, remember to keep the race fair and close, don't make yourself win each time!
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **RULES FOR RACING** The racing contest is also very simple. The racing contest consists of two cats racing eachother. The two cats racing come to a agreement for one of four courses: -Rocky Road: A course that takes place on a tough, rocky course. Cats good at jumping are best here. -Marshy Track: A wet course that weaves in and out of the water. Cats good at swimming and sprinting are best here. -Forest Dash: A brisk, quick forest dash that takes place in the pine forest. Cats good at sprinting are best here. -River Rush: A water course that takes place going down a river. Cats good at swimming and diving are best here. The rules are: -No unfair powers! Keep the race close and fair! -Wait your turn for the next race. -The two racing cats must quickly come to a solution of which course they want to choose in less that four posts or a leader will choose the course. Have fun! Remember, quickly choose a course to make this contest quick and fun!
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **SIGNUP FOR THE BATTLE ARENA** Here, you may sign up for the battle arena. Paw mail me telling that you want to join, and I'll post a response with a new chart every time a new cat joins the fight! Spots open: 8
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    As leader of StoneClan, I am happy to say that we will be attending the Grand Festival.
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **SIGNUP FOR THE BATTLE ARENA** Here, you may sign up for the battle arena. Paw mail me telling that you want to join, and I'll post a response with a new chart every time a new cat joins the fight! Thirteen (Tabbystripes of FireClan) has pmailed me saying that he'll be in the battle arena! Also, make sure to tell me what Clan you will be coming from, as some cats are in multiple clans. Spots open: 7
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    Also, on the day of the festival, I shall make different topics for each contest.
  • alix reissalix reiss bluefield wv.Member Posts: 512
    edited 21 June, 2009
    I would like to sign up for the battle arena and the swim race down river.
  • Naomi SohmaNaomi Sohma MinneapolisMember Posts: 700
    edited 21 June, 2009
    I come from Stormclan, and I sign up for the battle arena and hunting!
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **SIGNUP** Here, you may sign up for the events. I'll post a response with a new chart every time a new cat joins the fight! Make sure to tell me what Clan you will be coming from, as some cats are in multiple clans. Spots open for battle arena: 5 Spots open for Race: 7 Spots open for hunting: 7 Spots open for tree climbing: 8
  • alix reissalix reiss bluefield wv.Member Posts: 512
    edited 21 June, 2009
    Im in Stoneclan and I will be in Battle. River and hunting
  • edited 21 June, 2009
    **SIGNUP** Here, you may sign up for the events. I'll post a response with a new chart every time a new cat joins the fight! Make sure to tell me what Clan you will be coming from, as some cats are in multiple clans. Spots open for battle arena: 5 Spots open for Race: 7 Spots open for hunting: 6 Spots open for tree climbing: 8 Also, Addison, the race will be held on whatever course other cats want. We'll do a vote.
  • edited 22 June, 2009
    Hey Cherry! As second leader of FireClan I declare that we will be there. After all, Addison is going, so we all go. I'll pmail Thirteen this.
  • edited 22 June, 2009
    **SIGNUP** Here, you may sign up for the events. I'll post a response with a new chart every time a new cat joins the fight! Make sure to tell me what Clan you will be coming from, as some cats are in multiple clans. Spots open for battle arena: 4 Spots open for Race: 7 Spots open for hunting: 6 Spots open for tree climbing: 6
  • Tyler beseckerTyler besecker Member Posts: 82
    edited 25 June, 2009
    Ill come here and id like to set up for the battle.And ill make sure i bring the rest of the loners if were still alive ..
  • edited 25 June, 2009
    Okay Snickers! Loners are free to join!
  • edited 25 June, 2009
    **SIGNUP** Here, you may sign up for the events. I'll post a response with a new chart every time a new cat joins the fight! Make sure to tell me what Clan you will be coming from, as some cats are in multiple clans. Spots open for battle arena: 3 HURRY AND SIGN UP IF YOU WANT TO! Spots open for Race: 7 Spots open for hunting: 6 Spots open for tree climbing: 6
  • edited 25 June, 2009
    Is anyone else coming?
  • edited 25 June, 2009
    Yeah. Seriously. ANYONE ELSE COMING? We need one more person to sign up for the race to make it happen, or the race will have to be deleted.
  • edited 27 June, 2009
    Did you sign me up to battle with Tabbystripes?
  • edited 27 June, 2009
    I really don't want to be a bother but since I'm new here, what is this and can I join?:r :^:
  • edited 27 June, 2009
    Rainpaw of StormClan, right? Okay, this is the Grand Festival!!!!!! The Grand Festival is about warriors fighting and racing and stuff with other warriors. We also hunt and have a big feast at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~a~ ~a~ ~a~ ~a~ ~a~ ~a~ ~a~ :-h :-h :-h :-h :-h :-h :-h :-h :-h Hello! Welcome to the Clans, Rainpaw!
  • edited 1 July, 2009
    The Grand Festival will have to be delayed to monday because mommy has to go somewhere this weekend...
  • Rori DetteRori Dette Member Posts: 221
    edited 1 July, 2009
    i`m here! Cloverstep from Stormclan.Can I join? If i can then can i do hunting and climbing maybe racing?