Nutro Test results are in

Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
edited 3 July, 2009 in Food & Nutrition
Found this link and thought it should be shared. The Nutro test results are in, too bad it had to be a consumer to get the test done and not the company. Here is the site to go to and it will give you the test result link on that page. Nutro test results

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 16 June, 2009
    Show people have known about Nutro for quite awhile, and wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. I also knew about Nutro almost 2 yrs ago, when trying to find a quality food that Bumpurr would eat, my vet told me alot of cats were getting sick on Nutro, and that was one, we would not be trying. So sad, pets have to get sick or die, and then the co is looking at lawsuits, which means money, for them to admit it or do something about it.
  • Cecilia CretaroloCecilia Cretarolo PortlandMember Posts: 267
    edited 17 June, 2009
    That really scares me. I'm so glad now that I passed over Nutro as an option when money was really tight. I seriously don't doubt that the zinc levels have been "a little off" for a lot longer than Nutro will ever admit. It was just the one batch that had levels that were high enough to endanger them as a corporation.
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 June, 2009
    Thanks Shadow, it shows just how reckless and uncaring Nutro is. Discrepancy Between Minimum and Maximum Allowable Amounts of Pet Food Ingredients is Making Pets Sick AAFCO regulations state for an adult maintenance cat food the minimum requirement of zinc is 75 mg; maximum allowance of zinc is 2000 mg (adult dog food minimum 120 mg; maximum 1000 mg) NUTRO Pet Food Test Results May 26, 2009: What a difference an international border makes! The European Union sets a maximum of 250 ppm zinc in all animal foods, with a recommended maximum of 150 ppm (mg/kg)
  • Katina JacobsonKatina Jacobson SoldotnaMember Posts: 2,302
    edited 17 June, 2009
    Tyger was fed Nutro indoor cat formula until last spring when I was researching dog food and found all the stories about Nutro. I also had started noticing Tyger was losing hair and getting sick and switched her immediately. I just ran into the right information at the right time luckily. One thing I wonder is if the horrible food could have caused her to be so small. I never saw her mom but Ive met her dad and he is a very large cat. But Tyger is so small, she is only somewhere between 6-8 lbs. I really wonder if the food could have stunted her growth??
  • Jordan SpivaJordan Spiva Los Angeles,CAMember Posts: 355
    edited 2 July, 2009
    after all nutros been through with the neverending recalls, I find it hard to beleive anyone could be feeding that with 100% confidence.
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 3 July, 2009
    Hmm, but it says Wellness's levels were high too...that's concerning.