We Need A Tech Support Blog

Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
edited 27 July, 2009 in Plus Informational
We would like a blog in which to voice problems so that we, and HQ can see the magnitude of the problem. HQ, please start a tech blog so that we can all learn. Comments? Hazel Lucy

Comments

• Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 22 July, 2009
    Great Idea HL. Please HQ. We really do need you to understand that when we have a problem with our pages, and you look at it and it\'s okay on your system and browser ... this does not mean that there is nothing wrong with these pages on everyfur else\'s systems and browsers out here in Catster Land. Please take this serious and help us. We are not running on a main frame or the same system language that you use. We are running PCs. Some with Firefox, some with Safari, and others with less common ones, and most of us with Internet Explorer. A Tech Support Blog would be good in that these reported problems will be together instead of scattered all over in different places on different dates in the public forums.
  • Nuk AnukNuk Anuk Member Posts: 846
    edited 22 July, 2009
    Great idea !!! The Tech support blog really would be a handy way to compile and address the various technical issues that arise from time to time (and certainly from browser to browser) It would also serve as a great resource to be able to check to see if a particular "complaint" had already been reported or addressed. While we're at it... Let me push my luck too by asking for a "Developer's Blog" Where ideas that are in the "development stage" could be shared with the community and voted on or other community input given. The Hear and Meow serves a nice informational "News and Notes from HQ" - I'd just like to see it expanded.
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 July, 2009
    Just wrote a diary asking for the blog. And also started a thread in Tips, Tricks & Help, for non-Plus entries. HL
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 27 July, 2009
    Great idea, HL We have been having problems staying logged in since May when mom changed her email address and password. We love our catster friends, that's why we are here Alfie |:|
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 23 July, 2009
    I think this is a very good idea & almost an absolute must. (((Alfie))) I didn't know things like that were happening to your family! That is horrible & not fair at all. All the more reason we need something like this on Catster.
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 23 July, 2009
    Oh my! This is scary stuff. I would be so sad if we got deleated from catster after all of our hard work. Please catster make sure this doesn't happen again. Love, Gordy
  • JANE STUTFIELDJANE STUTFIELD BERKELEYMember Posts: 2,203
    edited 25 July, 2009
    Great idea, HL! We haven\'t had any problems when using FireFox but Explorer often freezes when switching from page to page here on Catster. To lose any of our pictures would be just awful - so far, so good, but when you read the problems that others have experienced it makes us worry. Please HQ, keep us in the loop.
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 25 July, 2009
    Great idea HL and I hope HQ considers it. OMC Alfie, I\'m so sorry! I see that angels Sidney Rose and Nikki\'s pages and the pages of your mom\'s other beautiful angels are not there. How is it even possible for someone to do that to you? That is frightening! |:||:|
  • Lyn YeomansLyn Yeomans Member Posts: 5,691
    edited 26 July, 2009
    Me an my mum wud LOVE for this to happen A Support Blog etc. As Mum (not me cos me is ok ,,grins ) needs all de help she can get wen it comes to teknicul stuff. We has Major problems gettin two group pages to open...One me is Admin in an dat is not Gud !. Can take ferever to get to open . Hope dis comes off. Purrs Alfie
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 26 July, 2009
    I definitely support the idea of a Tech Support Blog for Catster and Dogster! Great idea, Hazel Lucy! =;
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 27 July, 2009
    We love you furs and your ideas! We will definitely add this suggestion to our list for consideration! Right now, with limited resources, in order to serve you best we need you to continue to send any problems to [email protected] As always, if we become aware of a technical issue that affects a lot of members we will post it in forums or on the site blogs.