Rescue Kittens- Different Litters, When should I Introduce

Anita BrechlerAnita Brechler Boulder CityMember Posts: 51
edited 12 August, 2009 in Kitten Corner
Fiona (female) is 5 weeks and Dexter (male) aprox 10 weeks. Since they are both kittens, should I let them play together? Obviously, I am much too big right now to physically play with them. Meowy lets Dexter and I play footsy under the dining room door (glass) we can see one another but can't get to each other.

Comments

• Suzanne BrunerSuzanne Bruner Member Posts: 440
    edited 10 August, 2009
    At that age they should be absolutely fine. The younger they are when introduced, the easier the introduction will be.
  • Carrie JohnsonCarrie Johnson Iowa CityMember Posts: 230
    edited 12 August, 2009
    i agree with amber, the earlier the better! Peanut was about 12 weeks when we got Lucy, who was about 7 weeks. she was sick and MUCH smaller than Peanut so we were a little worried he'd be too rough or playful with her. But they started playing together right away. and when Peanut gets too rough, she lets him know :) i think, with supervision, you should introduce them now