Should I be leaving my babies alone?

Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
edited 18 August, 2009 in Kitten Corner
I started two days ago leaving my babies alone for long periods of time. My Momma is worried this is not normal behavior for babies that will be only one week old tomorrow. Sometimes no one can find me anywhere, but when my third born ( the momma\'s boy) freaks out when he wakes up I come running in a heartbeat. Also, how soon do kittens open their eyes? People are telling Momma after two weeks of age, but it will only be one week tomorrow and my third born has spent the morning milling around in my safe place with one eye open.

Comments

• DONNA KELLY-BIRCHDONNA KELLY-BIRCH kenoshaMember Posts: 1,018
    edited 17 August, 2009
    The older the babies are the longer the Mama will leave them, although a week seems a little young for her to be gone that long. As long as she is taking care of them when they need it, I would not worry much. As for eyes opening, they start as early as a week. They usually start opening by the corner by the nose. I would say by 2 wks. everyone\'s eyes should be fully open.
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 18 August, 2009
    "milling around with one eye open" That just sounds so cute! :c9