Is it cruel to lock kitten in closet?

2»

Comments

• Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 12 August, 2009
    i put Evee in the bathroom for an hour or so when she gets to nuts around the house, because she will harass all the cats non-stop unless she gets a "time-out" so as long as its only for a short amout of time, and its a proper tempature for a cat, and there is room for the cat to stand up, turn around and streach out, i see it as like a crate for dogs. but keep in mind, im talking short amounts of time, like only a few hours, and only if its not too hot/cold.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 12 August, 2009
    Yay Gadget! I was going to say that she'll just take the lead from the big kitty, but that's not always the case and I didn't want to give you false hope. But that's pretty much how it worked out with ours. Gracie was a holy terror to Boris for about a week, then she learned to leave him alone because he wanted to sleep next to mommy (but he'd wake up at 5 AM and go play with her dutifully), and at around the 6 month mark she started taking naps at night. These days they're both pretty much attuned to our schedule, but it's a maturity thing, mostly. If you can weather the kitten crazies through about 9 months, they'll get fewer and farther between, and you will have a lot of peace and quiet to look forward to. ;)
  • Tracey BTracey B Member Posts: 7
    edited 19 August, 2009
    I would agree to keep her in a safe space when she was hurt - but not when she's perfectly healthy. Try to get all of her energy out before you go to sleep. You could also pet her until she calms down & goes to sleep. Also, your new kitten probably torments your adult cat when you're not home. You can't stop it then, why are you stopping it now? If getting a good nights rest is what you want, try opening your door. Give her a little freedom, let her stretch her legs out and run for a bit when she wants to. She'll most likely leave your cat alone and sleep out in the living room if you leave your door open a little bit. My cat Minerva doesn't like it when I shut doors either, she cries on the other side until I open it. Not because she wants to go in and stay there, but because she'd like to be able to walk in when she wants to.
2»