cohabitation ? difficult choice!

Lia BinettiLia Binetti Spring HillMember Posts: 41
edited 2 November, 2006 in Choosing the Right Cat
Hey guys! My mom\'s been looking for a suitable companion for me, and has finally narrowed it down to 2 (she said it\'s really hard not to take them all home!). There\'s one that\'s been in the cage at the shelter for 2yrs!!! Let\'s all pray for her, even if mommy doesn\'t bring her home. She\'s been there so long because she doesn\'t get along with kids and they say sometimes other cats. Since they are a no kill shelter (YAY... paws up for that) she\'s been there for that long! So mom\'s really thinking about bringing her home for me. She thinks with the right introductions, and since she\'ll be soooo happy to be in a home, that we\'ll be OK together. But then she saw another kitty that was really crying out to her (Lacey, the other cat) wasn\'t even coming close enough to let mommy pet her). She was an absolutely beautiful ragdoll with blue eyes! She wanted so badly to come out and play, and pawed and meowed at mommy, so that now mom\'s confused! She\'ll decide based on which one she thinks I\'d get along better with, so we need your help!... They are both 2 yr. old girls... Lacey is a DSH who\'s black & white like me (she could pass for my real sister almost)! Anneke, looks like a pure breed rag doll! Since I think I\'m MainCoon/Norwegian Forest mix, would I get along better with one of them? Mommy really wants to bring one home soon, before the holidays, so please help us decide! Thanks,

Comments

• Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 2 November, 2006
    I'm wondering if maybe Lacey would be better off being the only cat... maybe living with one human only. I'm surprised nobody has wanted to adopt her... maybe the shelter is being extra careful...