Confoosed with Youtube.com

Audrey McAnarneyAudrey McAnarney Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 1,982
edited 7 November, 2006 in Plus Informational
Goodmorning everyone! I have a question for you all who are familiar with www.youtube.com. I want to SAVE a movie from that site onto my computer so that I can add it to my group videos here on Catster, but I dont see a way to do that. I know there is a way to add a link to a group page w/ a title but I want to put the ACTUAL VIDEO on my page. I know you can do it because I\'ve seen dogs put Youtube videos under group videos. I like it because it is just right there for everyone to watch -- you dont even have to leave the Catster Group! So.... If anyone can tell me how to save someone elses YouTube video from that website onto my computer it would be greatly appreciated! Elisabeth Ann

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 6 November, 2006
    Elisabeth, I know my daddy will know how you can do that, cause he puts videos up on utbe all the time. When he awakens from his deep sleep, after he has his mornig cup of coffee, I will ask him for you!
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 7 November, 2006
    We can't figure it out. Heck, I can't even get the background color to change on my page. What I would suggest is pmail someone directly when you see it on their page. They obviously know how and where it gets put on your acct. page. Good luck and sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 7 November, 2006
    EA, I don't think there is actually a way to save videos from YouTube.com onto your hard drive. The way you display the videos on your page is by going to the right side of the page, once you find a video you want. Then, you copy the "embed" code and paste it into the right column of one of your extra bio fields. Type something in the left side; if you don't, the code will not be saved. The video will show up towards the bottom of your page, I think right after your rosette/star history... I think in order to use the "My Videos" feature of Catster, the video has to be actually saved onto your hard drive. I don't think there is any way to use Video Egg for YouTube videos; you just have to use one of your extra Plus bio fields : ) I have seen videos on group pages too; I assumed they were done with Video Egg. I will ask around in some of my groups and see if anyone can give me an answer. Maybe the video files were downloaded from some site other than youtube.com?
  • Maria VMaria V Member Posts: 179
    edited 7 November, 2006
    hi Elizabeth Ann... we're you able to figure it out yet? :0)
  • Denise GraysonDenise Grayson BothellMember Posts: 2,468
    edited 7 November, 2006
    Hi Elisabeth Ann, I think we chatted a little bit about this. I just talked to the human cat toy who is a youtube expert and puts her videos on there all the time. You are not able to save videos you see on there on to your hard drive. You can either copy and paste the link if you are wanting it in your group or copy the embeded code and paste it in your bio field if you want it on your catster page. That is how we had our video that was not from video egg done.