Wanting a new kitten!

Kayla RossKayla Ross New AlbanyMember Posts: 1
edited 13 October, 2009 in Kitten Corner
Welp, I've got two other cats livin' with me. Both girls. And my good friend Sassy is gettin' a bit old and my owner, Kayla, is really wanting to get a new kitten. She thinks it will liven things up and make the transition easier for when... Sassy's time finally comes. The only thing is... Kayla's owners - her parents - aren't having the idea of getting another cat. How can we possibly persuade them that we need another cute little kitten in the household!? Help! Mew~ |^|

Comments

• Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 13 October, 2009
    You can't. Just be glad that your person was able to have the three of you. When mom was a kid, her parents were a "no four legged family members" proponents, so she didn't get cats until she was an adult. In mom's experience, pestering them now will do no good, it might get them even more set against the idea. Perhaps after Sasha goes to the rainbow bridge, they might realize that they want another kitty in their life. Perhaps not. It's not just wanting a cat, you have to make sure the finances are there to take care of them if they need to go to the vet, or to give them the best you can. Keeping pets costs money, and kittens are more expensive than adult cats because they often end up needing a lot of vet care in the beginning. It's something that your person's parents might be glad to have left behind, and might not want to have to deal with again. If that's the case, you might have more success by asking for a young adult cat, one who is almost one, has had all its shots and is neutered/spayed, and is still kitten-like in some ways, but not fragile like young kittens are. But even that might not work. In which case, remind your person that someday she will be old enough where she doesn't have to take her parents into account, but for now, best to keep the peace.