Anyone watch Rescue Ink?

Jennifer NovakJennifer Novak DC (But my heart is still in BMember Posts: 595
Anyone watch Rescue Ink last Friday? Meowmmy says God bless those guys for their tremendous efforts, but she really got emotional. (I got...like...DOUBLE the usual hundred thousand hugs and kisses after she watched it!) All in all, though, she really did like it, and she hopes that it might awaken some people to see the animal abuse going on around them. Thoughts? Anyone? Purrs, Coop

Comments

• Teresa HawkinsTeresa Hawkins McHenryMember Posts: 415
    edited 28 September, 2009
    Yes, Mom watched it! When they showed the guy who was shooting the ferals Mom was yelling things at the TV about the shooter that made my ears twitch. Mom especially gets mad about people who don't understand ferals.
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Yes, we watched it! I was disappointed when that guy would not accept the motion activated system they wanted to install. It made me wonder, if two women had approached him with a less "in your face" attitude if he may have reacted differently. I worry that he will continue to shoot cats. But all in all, we did enjoy it- you want to see these big tuff guys go after these people who are cruel to animals!
  • Jennifer NovakJennifer Novak DC (But my heart is still in BMember Posts: 595
    Meowmmy was screaming at the TV, too. Meowm actually called that guy a few names that a year-old kitten should not repeat! She's also afraid that man will continue to shoot the ferals allegedly coming into his yard. Meowmmy got all teary-eyed when the former soldier got reunited with his pitt bulls and when the other pitt found a home at the end. And agreed -- doncha love it that these guys are out there with nothing but the animal's welfare in mind? |/h/|
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    Mommy watched it too. These guys are great. We would love to see these guys "talk" to several more bad people. Rock on Rescue Ink! =;
  • Hayley SullivanHayley Sullivan Member Posts: 112
    edited 30 September, 2009
    My mommy saw a commercial for it, and really wants to watch it... but we don't have the channel. :(
    The guys were also on Ellen yesterday, and she\'s got a link to make a donation to them on her website. She also gave them a $10K donation of food from Halo.
  • Karen ParsonsKaren Parsons GriffithMember Posts: 821
    Watched it...was so mad at that man....hope people keep an eye on him. Was hoping for a happy ending. I'm sure they'll go back and get him, at least I hope. Little chicken man.:-/
    edited 1 October, 2009
    That's exactly what he is -- a little chicken! :n: Someone should pop him with a bebe gun and leave him to bleed in the street!
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 1 October, 2009
    Meowmy remembers seeing a promo for the show, but forgot what cable channel it is on (senior moment). Is it TLC (The Learning Channel)??? Thanks - she does want to see the show......and all four paws up for what these men are doing. See, Real Men do love and care about animals.......bless them. The New Orleans Kitties
    edited 1 October, 2009
    It is on the National Geographic Channel (shows up as NGEO on our preview guide) Fridays at 10/9 central. Mom should call these guys - she yelled at a man threatning to poison some ferals near his property, told him if she heard of or saw one dead body anywhere near his place she was calling the cops and AC, and he better hope they get there quick :n:
  • Meghan SMeghan S Rosslyn, VAMember Posts: 82
    edited 1 October, 2009
    If it's TLC I'll watch it! I've never heard of the show.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 1 October, 2009
    Thanks, we will make a note of this and watch the program. There is a "creature" (meowmy does not call animal abusers "people") in the greater New Orleans area she wishes she could put the Resuce Ink guys onto. A couple of days ago two small kittens were thrown out of a van - this was on the Causeway, a 24 mile long bridge over Lake Pontchartrain. A lady saw the kittens thrown out - said she got sick, she is an animal lover. Did not get the license number. One of the kittens was found alive 12 hours later, but the other was not found, so we can only assume this little baby is now an angel at the Rainbow Bridge. The resuced kitten (now named Maddie) has already adopted a human and is in a loving, safe and furrever home. The New Orleans Kitties
  • Julia CollinsJulia Collins Member Posts: 117
    edited 3 October, 2009
    My meowmy loved the show and hated all those awful people...I just started batting at the chickens on the screen so no "Rescue Ink" for me! -Naughty Kitty
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 3 October, 2009
    rescue ink is awesome! they need to show the world that even macho guys can love cats.
    edited 4 October, 2009
    i orderd one of there teeshirts!
    edited 5 October, 2009
    We watched it again this last Friday - and the previews for this week show them going back to the feral cat hating guy's house...
    edited 5 October, 2009
    We saw it again last Friday, too. I particularly loved to see the rescues that you don't see every day -- like the pirhanas. It's so amazing how they're able to find sanctuaries that are so specialized. Gosh, what a good group of guys. I hope they get the feral cat shooter. That's so upsetting!
  • Karen ParsonsKaren Parsons GriffithMember Posts: 821
    edited 6 October, 2009
    Hope to see it, have it programmed just in case!!!!
    edited 26 October, 2009
    id just like to say i got my rescue ink tee shirt in the mail and its AWSOME!!!! %:D%