sleeping patterns

sarah schupfersarah schupfer brooklynMember Posts: 1,217
edited 6 October, 2005 in Cat Health
how many hours a day is 'normal' for a cat to sleep?

Comments

• MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Holy Katz, Pea! I heard somewhere that we spend 2/3 of our lives sleeping! But I don't know if that counts "cat naps" that aren't really sleep, or our Deep Sleep. I'm sure somecat will know for sure... Do you think you are not sleeping "right," or just curious? We hope you are not feeling ill or anything....
  • Jennifer CrossanJennifer Crossan Scottsdale/PhoenixMember Posts: 291
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We have seven cats and they range in their sleep habits. They sleep from maybe 12-20 hours a day!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mom thinks that I don't sleep nearly as many hours as the typical cat should. Of course, she has no idea what I'm doing when she's away at work, but based on my patterns when she is at home it would be unusual for me to be sleeping the whole time.
  • sarah schupfersarah schupfer brooklynMember Posts: 1,217
    edited 27 February, 2006
    oh no, no problems. my human justt hinks i sleep soooooooo much! little does she know that i patrol most the night...
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    So true, Pea! Our cat mother is turning into a cat and she stays up all night, so we must adjust... Difficult, difficult! No fun doing the midnight prowl when she is awake!
  • Eric GreeneEric Greene WixomMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep a whole lot. I love to sleep on the rug in my living room. :)